WHO WE ARE
Nanaimo Foodshare Society "Local Food Matters" – Through education and facilitation, we strengthen and support sustainable, community food systems.
At Nanaimo Foodshare, we support people to develop a passion, interest and commitment to healthy, local food in children, their families and the communities they are in. We are committed to helping people develop the skills they need to increase food security, build community and be self-sufficient.
Our aim is to educate and empower by sharing not just food – but also information, resources, and new opportunities.
- Youth training in horticulture/agriculture or small scale food service.
- Learn about healthy eating.
- Career exploration in agri-food sectors for youth.
- Understand the importance of food security and locally grown products.
- Learn how to prepare nutritious meals.
- Get connected with your community.
- Share your resources, your knowledge and food from your garden.
- Our programs offer something for everyone – individuals, families, adults and children.
Employment Opportunity with Foodshare!
Community Roots School Garden Coordinator
(details under"Get Involved" and "Employment")
Gleaning is back for 2015!
Call Lee 250-816-4769