WHO WE ARE
Nanaimo Foodshare Society "Local Food Matters" – Through education and facilitation, we strengthen and support sustainable, community food systems.
At Nanaimo Foodshare, we support people to develop a passion, interest and commitment to healthy, local food in children, their families and the communities they are in. We are committed to helping people develop the skills they need to increase food security, build community and be self-sufficient.
Our aim is to educate and empower by sharing not just food – but also information, resources, and new opportunities.
- Youth training in horticulture/agriculture or small scale food service.
- Learn about healthy eating.
- Career exploration in agri-food sectors for youth.
- Understand the importance of food security and locally grown products.
- Learn how to prepare nutritious meals.
- Get connected with your community.
- Share your resources, your knowledge and food from your garden.
- Our programs offer something for everyone – individuals, families, adults and children.
Board Member Opportunity with Foodshare!
Foodshare is inviting applications from community members who are interested in volunteering as a board member. The role is best suited to individuals that are active and knowledgeable about food and food issues in our community. The board is active in providing leadership, guidance and oversight to the organization through collective meetings and committee work. We are a dynamic group that is passionate about food, food security, and creating a local food system. We bring a diverse set of skills, representing all areas of the food system. If you feel that being involved with Nanaimo Foodshare in a board role is interesting to you, please contact Nanaimo Foodshare to apply. 250-753-9393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitchen Coordinator Position Now Available!
Post under 'get involved' and 'employment'
Gleaning is back for 2015!
Call Lee 250-816-4769